The framework is applied to the largest insurers and displays the disparities between them.
Prerequisites: Having passed the Certified Insurance Industry Fundamentals™ (CIIF™), Certified Insurance Industry Professional™ (CIIP-I™) and Certified Insurance Industry Professional Manager™ (CIIP-II™)certification programs.
Target Group: All people that want to have an executive view of insurers. Employees from insurers and reinsurers (accounting, finance department, IT and all organizational functions) but also people who would like to join the industry and move rapidly to executive position.
- What are the key financial information to check when looking at the annual report of an insurer (Income statement, balance sheet)?
- How to come up with the cost of equity, the ROE, the ROCE and the WACC? We are introducing the Capital Asset Pricing Model.
- How to assess the business segments of an insurer (use of Aviva as an example)?
- In the case of a M&A, how to check whether a transaction added values to the shareholders?
- What are the Key Performance Ratios for insurers and how to compute them? We are using a real case to illustrate the calculation for the Claims ratio, the Underwriting profit, the Operating expenses, the Combined ratio.
- We are also providing an approach to calculate the insurance float for non-life insurers.
- Finally, we are comparing the performance of insurers over a decade with the help of their key ratios.