We are also describing the insurance value cycles and the impacts of investment returns to insurers.
Target Group: All people that have already had an introduction (or got exposed) to the insurance industry and understand some its key principles. Employees from insurers and reinsurers (accounting, finance department, IT and all organizational functions).
- For General Insurance, how to price a risk and what are the reserving principles?
- How to price a risk when we do not have any historical data? We are illustrating the use of the pure premium and loss ratio approaches with the cyber risk. Based on this example, we are introducing several insurance principles such as the concept of exposure.
- We are also covering the dangers of jumping in a new market with the example of the Hurricane Andrew in Florida and Storm damages.
- We are explaining the underwriting cycles and what they mean for insurers but also their customers.
- For life insurance, we are detailing the business model for this industry and the source of income for life insurers.
- We are introducing the term life insurance products and the logic which needs to be followed in order to manage from an insurer’s perspective these.
- We are showing how to calculate a premium and furthermore illustrate the main drivers for pricing the risk.
- This training finishes with the insurance savings products and their challenges for insurers and their customers.